We had a lovely time on Friday night at the Levin-Herman household as we celebrated Shabbat, ate well, and shared a little learning of Torah. Especially beautiful was the aufruf of Becca Levin and Kim Spasari, as we gathered warmly around them to offer our best wishes for their married life together. After all of that, we had time to visit, play guitar and sing – something we’ll do now once every few months.
Here are upcoming events for your calendar:
March 24, Sat am: Tefilot & Lunch
April 6, Fri pm: Kabbalat Shabbat & Dessert (yes, dessert)
April 20, Fri pm: Kabbalat Shabbat & Dinner (yes, dinner)
May 4, Fri pm: Kabbalat Shabbat & Dinner
May 26, Sat am: Tefilot & Lunch
June 1, Fri pm: Kabbalat Shabbat & Dinner
June 15, Fri pm: Kabbalat Shabbat & Dessert
June 23, Sat am: Tefilot & Lunch
- April 28, Sat 9 am – 3 pm: 1st-ever Shabbaton on “Love Your Neighbor as Yourself”, including tefilot, learning, lunch. Michael Brandwein will be our guest teacher for a portion of the day. (Full information will come out soon.)
- May 19, Sat pm: Shavuot Celebration + Havdalah
- June 9, Sat late morning into the afternoon: Visit to Bahai Temple (Wilmette) including worship, picnic lunch.
- Sept. 1, Sat eve, Havdalah + Selichot, in preparation for Rosh Hashana
Yamim Noraim/High Holy Days (@ Kingswood United Methodist Church, Buffalo Grove)
- Rosh Hashana: Sunday night, Sept. 9 – Monday, Sept. 10
- Yom Kippur: Tuesday, Sept. 18 – Wednesday, Sept. 19
I hope to share all of this and more with you in the months to come.